NOTE: This course uses Angular version 1.5.8 and is not compatible with Angular 2
Angular JS is a complete re-imagination of how web applications should be built. It takes best practices, learnt the hard way, and makes them super simple for everyone to use. Learn by example, in small easy-to-digest bits.
Let's parse that.
- A complete re-imagination: Angular introduces a whole bunch of new concepts, which seem daunting but you'll soon find that they are essential building blocks, your applications *just work*, are long-lived and easy to maintain
- Best practices made super simple: The model-view-controller design pattern, dependency injection, view-agnostic code, testability - Angular sets up structures which ensure that developers write code the right way
- In this course, we will learn by example. Each example is self-contained, has its source code attached, and gets across a specific Angular use-case. Each example is simple by itself, but they come together as building blocks to build complex use cases.
What's included in this course:
- Installing and setting up a basic web server with Angular libraries
- Angular basics: Templates, controllers, directives, scopes, services, filters, expressions and data binding
- Angular in-depth: Custom directives for template expansion and DOM manipulation, scope inheritance and isolated scopes, custom filters and comparators, forms and validation, routing and single page applications
- Angular behind the scenes: The $watch list, $apply function and the $digest loop, dependency injection and service recipe types
What Will I Learn?
- Build intermediate level web applications using the Angular framework
- Develop custom directives, filters, services and other Angular components
- Understand behind the scenes details of the digest loop, dependency injection and other Angular Constructs